Tabla de Contenidos
The thermal energy as its name implies, this source of energy is generated by heat, therefore, there are several ways to obtain it, for example: directly from the sun, also by combustion of any fuel, by friction, among other processes. The man knew about heat and fire for a long time ago and had been using it for various applications. Thermal energy, unlike in other ways, can be felt by the sense of touch. Here is the list of the benefits of energy ends for humans.
Advantages of Thermal Energy
- The facilities to generate this energy source are the most economical in terms of its construction.
- It is an energy that through simple processes can be converted into electric energy.
- It is a source of renewable energy, since the heat can be generated in different ways.
- It is obtained from natural resources like sunlight for example.
- It can be prolonged in time compared to the energy from fossils.
- It is a profitable energy, i.e. it is feasible to produce it.
- You can save more water and also electricity.
- On a social level, their contribution to sustainable development is visible.
- It favors rural areas that are not generally taken into account by power plants.
- At the consumer level it has an affordable price.
How thermal energy is generated video
In this short video you will see how to obtain this energy for the use and benefits of many people around the world.
Uses of thermal energy
Many are the use of this form of energy among them stand out
- Power generation in the motor of the automobiles.
- Electricity could be generated that has a wide range of domestic use, such as cooking, ironing clothes, etc.
- Used in recycled plastic material plants.
- They are used in incinerators to burn waste.
- They have a wide range of use in bakeries.
These are some of the many common uses of thermal energy.
Disadvantages of Thermal energy
- It is considerably polluted by the continuous emissions of greenhouse gases.
- The vapor and heat emissions generated in the thermal plants negatively affect the climate of the place where they are located.
- The water used during the process ends up contaminated.
- By using nuclear technology, it leaves a lot of radioactive waste.
- By using fossil fuels, the long-term generation of this energy depends on the fossil reserves available.
- River ecosystems are severely affected, as they are spaces where the hot water released from the plants is poured out.
- Releases contaminants with carbon dioxide.
- The spaces where the energy is captured are not affected as they do not decrease the amount of air in the place.
- The construction of the thermal power plants takes years.
- The transfer of energy is complicated.
READ also the pros and cons of:
Undoubtedly, thermal energy is an important source that must be well exploited, and when renewable, it can replace the most common finite energy sources of today.
¿Te ha parecido útil este artículo?