Tabla de Contenidos
With regard to mechanical energy, we cannot fail to aim at the machines, which finally changed the dynamics of the tasks, as they were being executed, that required the brute force of man or animal.
Advantages of using mechanical energy
- It is one of the most economical to generate, among all types of energy.
- It affected positively the way the tasks were performed, reducing manual labor and in other cases Anulándolos completely.
- The previously used animal force was replaced by machines.
- The potential of the force to be produced is higher than that exerted manually.
- It depends on itself to generate the power, so it is autonomous.
- It speeds up processes in which a lot of human strength would have to be used.
- It's more efficient than manual labor.
- This type of energy is easily accessible, its distribution and use is very economical in different sectors.
- It's a very versatile energy, so it has multiple applications and uses.
- It is more comfortable and safe, the machines have decreased the occupational hazards and the accidents have been reduced.
- There is an important cost in maintaining the machines that take advantage of this energy.
- The machines are usually very heavy, which opens up some risks.
- Machines may become obsolete over time and require replacement.
- Moving heavy machinery often represents an important cost.
- Training and/or specialization is required for the use of certain machinery.
- Over time, in some sectors machines replace the human workforce, creating unemployment.
- The transmission of this type of energy over long distances is complicated.
- Machine failures are continuous and represent a cost for repair or replacement.
- There is greater wear at the thermal level.
- The interaction with the machines can be a bit traumatic and complicated for some people.
Examples of mechanical energy
A hydroelectric plant is also an example of converting mechanical energy to electrical energy. The mechanical energy of the water falling from a waterfall is used to rotate the turbines that are present at the bottom of a waterfall. The rotation of these turbines is used to generate electricity. READ also the pros and cons of:
The mechanical energy is the one that we can perceive most of all the energies with which we interact: machines, vehicles, transports and in turn power to the strength of the chemical and electrical energy.
¿Te ha parecido útil este artículo?