Tabla de Contenidos
- 1 Definition of electric power
- 2 Examples of electrical energy
- 3 How electrical power is produced
- 4 Types of electric power
- 5 Benefits of electric power
- 6 Disadvantages of electric power
- 7 Also know the advantages and disadvantages of different types of energy
- 8 Conclusion
Electricity has provided us in the last decade with a high degree of comfort and development, in fact it has become an indispensable service for our society and is intimately related to our daily chores.
Definition of electric power
I have seen in many places that give an exact definition of what electric energy is. Where it is stated that it is a current that originates from a potential difference between any two points when they come into contact with a driver. Here we have two terms that we need to know in order to clearly understand this definition.
It is defined as the impulse that requires an electrical charge so that it can flow by the conductor of an electrical circuit, this current will cease when both points equal its electrical potential.
It is all material capable of allowing the passage of the electric current by means of its particles. Metals are the best electric power conductors. Coal, saline solutions, acids, alkalis, living organisms and many other bodies and substances also belong to this group.
Examples of electrical energy
There are many examples of electrical energy related I mention the ones we know so that you can quickly identify each element where we can find electricity.
The battery of a car
The chemical reaction creates an electron that has the energy to move in an electric current. These variable loads provide electricity to the vehicle’s circuits.
A lamp connected to a wall outlet
The electric current is moved from the outlet to the lamp. When the electrical loads flow slowly into the filament to illuminate the bulb, the energy of the light is created.
On the battery in a mobile phone
They provide chemical energy to electrical charges. Electrical charges use the energy that will start up. This electricity now travels through the phone providing the phone with electricity.
When our bodies break down the food
Our bodies transform ATP energy into electricity. Electrical charges move through our special nerve cells to make our heartbeats.
A stove connected to a wall outlet
It takes the moving electrical loads, switches them to the thermal energy causing the heat coils to warm up a lot for baking.
How electrical power is produced
Electric Power has many ways of producing, many countries in the world use their natural resources for their generation from lagoons, rivers, volcanoes, Ocean shores and windy areas.
[ Vídeo: Generación de energía ]
Types of electric power
The different ways of generating electrical energy are related to the different natural resources that each country has to be able to satisfy the demand of its inhabitants, here you can see more information about the types of electric energy and its benefits.
Benefits of electric power
- It facilitates many processes of various kinds, whether personal, domestic, professional and industrial.
- Generating and transporting this energy is very efficient.
- Through certain instruments, we manifest it as artificial light.
- It has led to a huge leap in the development of science and medicine.
- Many means of transport are operating on the basis of electricity, vehicles and trains.
- It can be transported over long distances through wiring and electrical laying.
- It has boosted the economic development of cities.
- It allows the execution of projects of great magnitude and social impact.
- For countries that have surplus-generation, it serves as an additional income to be able to export energy to nearby countries.
- It is currently accessible to the majority of the population.
Disadvantages of electric power
- The contact of this energy with the human body could generate deadly results.
- One of the most common forms of generation is the hydro-electric, so it involves negatively affecting the environment.
- There is a latent risk, for example, the short circuits have caused fires in residences and large factories.
- In certain places, it can be very costly to enjoy the electricity service.
- The availability of this energy is affected by drought and other climatic conditions.
- The level of comfort and ease that is available with electricity, when this lack stops the normality of cities.
- It is an extremely limited resource, and at present other means of generation are sought.
- At the industry level there is no ability to satisfy some caloric uses.
- An imbalance in energy levels can damage equipment and appliances.
- When transported in carbon silver, it generates many highly toxic residues.
Also know the advantages and disadvantages of different types of energy
It is indisputable our dependence on electrical energy, however, how we generate it should induce us to a conscious use of it, applying efficiency and saving when necessary.